Monday, June 30, 2008

They care!

Brought to you by: Leanne Booth, Educational Outreach Assistant, BA BEd UBC

The first word that comes to mind when watching the nightly team meeting and thinking about my last few days here is “care.” The caring is evident in everything that is done here. When I arrived, I immediately felt the energy that is put into caring about what is happening here in every sense. From individual projects to individual people’s needs to the overall goals of the project: each aspect is thought through carefully so that every person is respected, needed, and successful. Never have I met such a diverse group of people working toward a common goal who are so accepting and respectful of each other’s expertise and ideas. It is a lesson for all of us to learn from and one I strive to achieve in my classroom. It is amazing to it in action in the adult world because everyone here chooses to care.

No comments: